About Me

My photo
Well, lets start with the important stuff...Im the wife to a really hot guy! Im Blessed with three great kids, Hope is almost 18, Morgan just turned 6 and the true love of my life my son Tommy who is 5. We recently moved from the Flint area, yea I know what your thinking so let me finish, we Moved to the country away from the crime and grime. We bought a more beautiful home then we deserve on five acres. life is good. I work full time as a commercial Banker, my husband Tom owns his own business doing Home theaters and security. His business is BOOMING! I was born and raised in Flint and moved to Arizona in 1996. I stayed about ten years and had the desire to move back. So I packed up a Hundai Elantra a 9 year old girl, a yorkie, two turtles and a car load of gear and moved back to Flint. We stayed with my girl Michelle for a bit until I got settled with a job and new place. Then I started stalking my husband to be and it has been blissful ever since.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Panties in a bunch

Ive been reading alot about the whole Miley Cyrus thing. This is not new, it seems all the cutie patooty Disney girls turn out all wrong. However you cannot blame the media on our lack of parenting or our over protective parenting. When I was kid I went out side and played with my friends all year round, we rode bikes and stayed out until the street lights came on. My mom didnt know where I was half the time and as long as I heard her yell for me and came runnin I didnt get my butt kicked. NOW on to my parenting. When I had my first child at 22 I raised her in Arizona where NO kids played outside due to weather or crime or whatever . So I lived in fear and wanted to lo-jack my toddler,  She as an only child learned to play with her toys and entertain herself very well. It sucked because I remember playing outside all the time and she just didnt have that. We moved back to Michigan and she made friends in the neighborhood and I let her ride her bike in the subdivision and swim at the neighbors and I felt fine with that. Now I have have two more children and we moved from the city about an hour away to the country to a dirt, dead end road. My kids play out side all day long in the summer and play with the neighbor kids. Now do I let my six year old ride his bike in the road like he wants NO but I'm not an over protective freak like I was with the first kid. I still baby them like crazy and pray for a hedge of protection around them every day and have to have faith in that. Now I still  feel a little spaz in my stomach when I know they will be swimming all day and they would bump their head on the dock and drown but I gotta have faith. My goodness I used to go ice skating on Kelly's lake for hours and never thought to check how thick the ice was or worry about falling through. My kids play with each other and play game's not video games, they make forts out of my living room furniture and do crafts. They don't even know who Miley Cyrus is! Now if they did see it or anything else like it and asked me about it I wouldn't sugar coat it. I hope when all is said and done my kids make decisions that make me proud and I have nothing but sympathy for Miley's dad he must be mortified!
 We need to remember who's responsibility these kids are, OUR'S we cannot protect them from the media or their peers we just have to be pouring in all the good stuff, words of affirmation, morals, good work ethic, compassion, empathy to balance out all the negative crap. So take responsibility for the future and raise your little people to be GOOD people loving people smart people because honestly this generation of 15 to 23 year old's scare me. lets try to get it right with this next group shall we. Don't helicopter parent but don't let the media be the only influence on your kids. Every generation has its issues and the generation above it says the young people are doing it all wrong and how " when I was a kid..." well I didn't walk up hill in the snow to school but I also didn't have my own little computer in my pocket I turned out fine and I think Im Rockn this mom thing ! So make your grandma proud and raise some GREAT kids.
 Parenting is tough like anything else that is worth anything, its every day all day all night blessing. so stop worrying about what your kids may or may not see on TV and kiss their little cheeks both sets !

TTFN

No comments: