About Me

My photo
Well, lets start with the important stuff...Im the wife to a really hot guy! Im Blessed with three great kids, Hope is almost 18, Morgan just turned 6 and the true love of my life my son Tommy who is 5. We recently moved from the Flint area, yea I know what your thinking so let me finish, we Moved to the country away from the crime and grime. We bought a more beautiful home then we deserve on five acres. life is good. I work full time as a commercial Banker, my husband Tom owns his own business doing Home theaters and security. His business is BOOMING! I was born and raised in Flint and moved to Arizona in 1996. I stayed about ten years and had the desire to move back. So I packed up a Hundai Elantra a 9 year old girl, a yorkie, two turtles and a car load of gear and moved back to Flint. We stayed with my girl Michelle for a bit until I got settled with a job and new place. Then I started stalking my husband to be and it has been blissful ever since.

Friday, March 11, 2011

zero waste ok less waste.

so I watched a video today about a family that has only accumulated a hand full of garbage in four months ! these are items that cannot be recycled reused or put in the compost that is AMAZING to me now those of you who know me know I have switched to all non toxic chemicals in my home and I push my shaklee to my friends like its crack. Im not under the delusion that my family of five will be a zero waste family but it sure got me thinking about all the stuff we throw away and all the stuff that will NEVER decompose and actually poisons the earth like Styrofoam there is a container in my trash under my desk right now. Im going to talk with my family about making a conscious effort to reuse recycle and compost what ever we can. there is no curb side recycling where I live so we have been separating every thing and taking it to my in laws for their road side service. We also burn all out cardboard and papers. My father is law composts so Im gonna get schooled on that so we can do it at home. Yes I realize there will be some work involved but I know we send ALOT of stuff to the road and then we dont ever think about it again but I need to start that is not the end of it it goes to land fills and then OMG I dont even know what happens from there.
I know I cannot save the planet all by myself but I have the power to choose the better way for my life and my family and my home and my small area of the work place.  Sooo Ill keep you informed on my less waste life style and please feel free to hit me up with any tips you use.
that it for now
TTFN

No comments: