About Me

My photo
Well, lets start with the important stuff...Im the wife to a really hot guy! Im Blessed with three great kids, Hope is almost 18, Morgan just turned 6 and the true love of my life my son Tommy who is 5. We recently moved from the Flint area, yea I know what your thinking so let me finish, we Moved to the country away from the crime and grime. We bought a more beautiful home then we deserve on five acres. life is good. I work full time as a commercial Banker, my husband Tom owns his own business doing Home theaters and security. His business is BOOMING! I was born and raised in Flint and moved to Arizona in 1996. I stayed about ten years and had the desire to move back. So I packed up a Hundai Elantra a 9 year old girl, a yorkie, two turtles and a car load of gear and moved back to Flint. We stayed with my girl Michelle for a bit until I got settled with a job and new place. Then I started stalking my husband to be and it has been blissful ever since.

Monday, March 14, 2011

RUDE

The pastor preached on rudeness on Sunday and Ive been chewing on it ever since.

 Society as a whole has really been letting this one slide, there is rudeness every where and when it is portrayed in comedy's we laugh and find it amusing.  I am one to speak my mind but it is from my heart NEVER from a place of negativity or to hurts someone feelings. 
People are rude and mean and forget what a sword the tongue can be. They say things that criticize another and make sure there are witness's to make it worse. Rudeness in words is even worse over the phone, people think that because they cannot see the person on the other end they have no feelings or that it's their "job" think about how you talk to the rep at the cable company when your bill is messed up AGAIN. I have seen people treat servers and wait staff like they are trash.
I see this in children who have no manners due to their lack of parenting if you bump someone say your sorry, don't talk with disrespect to an adult. I know this is again due to lack of parenting for the most part because the parents themselves are rude and don't teach the children  in the proper manner to behave.
This is not just in words but in actions;  for instance if you say your going to do something do it! What happend to a man is only as good as his word?  If we have plans don't bail 15 minutes before our plans are scheduled; and please people,  RSVP for things!  How hard is This? it is just common courtesy and don't call me when you on your way and ask if you can bring your niece and nephew too? NO that's RUDE!!!!
Now I admit that my tolerance is growing weak as I get older so I avoid places like walmart where I want to smack all the ignorant people with their screaming children. I go to Target and pay a little extra that is the price I pay ..pun intended ...to get a little better shopping clientele.
  Teenagers... I have always bragged about Hope not being as sassy as the teenagers of my Friends but lately her lack of disrespect toward Tom is out of control. I know when she starts to get mouthy with me I look and her and say " remember who you are talking too" and she gets the message quickly. So I will have to take some measures to re-train Hope so she has the same level of respect for him that I demand she have for me. This again all stems from her being rude the topic at hand.  There have been times that I have been on the phone with people and they have to stop the conversation 3 dozen times to correct their children who are old enough to know better. When Hope was small and she would talk to me while I was on the phone I would simply hold up my index finger saying one moment and she would wait, and if she asked me for something while Im on the phone the answer will be NO flat out. Ok I digress lets get back to society in general where is modern society headed ? no rules no consequences for saying what ever you want and behaving how ever you want? cutting lines, cutting people off in traffic, not saying excuse me, there seems to be a rules do not apply to me or even sense of entitlement on their part.

The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of
today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for
parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as
if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is
foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest
and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress."
- Peter the Hermit, A.D. 1274


I think as long as there are the people that still notice the rudeness and call people out on it there is still hope. So don't be silent and don't be tolerant ! If you see or hear someone being rude stand up and call them out on it!!! This behavior is unacceptable and not going to be tolerated!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh no...I think I'm the ignorant lady at walmart with the screaming kids!!!!