About Me

My photo
Well, lets start with the important stuff...Im the wife to a really hot guy! Im Blessed with three great kids, Hope is almost 18, Morgan just turned 6 and the true love of my life my son Tommy who is 5. We recently moved from the Flint area, yea I know what your thinking so let me finish, we Moved to the country away from the crime and grime. We bought a more beautiful home then we deserve on five acres. life is good. I work full time as a commercial Banker, my husband Tom owns his own business doing Home theaters and security. His business is BOOMING! I was born and raised in Flint and moved to Arizona in 1996. I stayed about ten years and had the desire to move back. So I packed up a Hundai Elantra a 9 year old girl, a yorkie, two turtles and a car load of gear and moved back to Flint. We stayed with my girl Michelle for a bit until I got settled with a job and new place. Then I started stalking my husband to be and it has been blissful ever since.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm not now, nor have I ever been a teenage boy

I'm not now, nor have I ever been a teenage boy, so Im gonna need some help with this one.... Now that Hope is 15 and she is getting to the stage where Im willing to admit she is growing up and likes boys, Ive been checking out these boys who are checking out my daughter. Lets start with about a month ago The hubby and I stop into Hooters to see his boy Tim who is the manager of all the whiny hooters girls anyway so were sitting there and I look over and there is this family a mother a father and two boys about 15 and 13 and one of them has his lap top on the table and the other one is doing something  on his phone now let me reiterate I'm not now, nor have I ever been a teenage boy but I think that at that age if I were at Hooters I would not be playing with my media Id be playing with my joystick under the table !!! am I wrong?
  Then I move on to the boys at church, they all hang together apart from the girls and they wear skinny jeans and black shirts, I get fashion, dont get me wrong. I just think that they should try to be their own person, they all have the same hair cut and the same piercings now I think the long hair if it is cut right is super cute and I dont care about the piercings or the tattoos what ever Im just saying why do they all look the same? then tonight I took Hope to the Derby Girls and that is always a venue for the freaks but at least they know how to be individuals! but the boys there were not there to pick up the hot chicks they were the chicks sidekicks and most of them dress like the girls. I had on a really cute grey sweater with ruffle sleeves and a skull and cross bones on it and there was this really creepy boy dressed in a ragged pink sweater with the worst cut it myself in the kitchen hair cut I have ever seen, asked where I got it cause he had to have one! did I mention the ruffle sleeves??? This child was sad and confused and he needs some love from his parents. there  were ALOT of alternative lifestyle boys, I dont get it maybe Im just old maybe Im at that point where I sit in my rocker and tell the kids to turn the music down and I say I just dont get kids these days I dont know. I have a teenage daughter and Ive been one of those so I get that. But the boys I dont think they know what it means to be a boy let alone a man and Im worried for them. Where are the fathers to all these boys that dont know who or how to be???
I just hope I have this figured out by the time Tommy is a teenage boy so any advise would be welcomed and appreciated.
Im done
TTFN

No comments: